When Life Gives You Lemons



It’s been a few months since I have posted anything on here, I have missed having somewhere to express my thoughts but sometimes you just need to take a bit of time out. My last post was very happy and optimistic about the last year of my life, all of which was true. However, things haven’t been so great lately and a lot has changed in the space of a few short months, things that I never expected to happen.

I’ve quite quickly come to realise that this life is for you, for you to grab and run with, to get what you want and do what you want. You shouldn’t change how you are, what you do or what you want to fit somebody else’s mould. Sometimes that’s a difficult concept to grasp especially when it’s what you’re used to doing and you do it because you want to, because it makes you happy to see others happy. Sometimes that just isn’t enough though and in the end you’re just left with you and ultimately if you can’t be happy in yourself on your own, then where is the point?

So, when times get tough and things are thrown at you (metaphorically, I hope) take some time to come to terms with it – cry, laugh, shout, be angry but only for the time that you need. Then you need to start to focus on what’s next, pick yourself up and move on with YOUR life.

It’s a scary prospect, to be alone and do everything in life on your own but there isn’t any reason why you cannot do it. The only thing standing between you and your goals is your mindset – change that and you really can achieve whatever you want.

Comments